10 Lessons for Young Designers and Photographers
Take note on these lessons from Wieden+Kennedy’s Executive Creative Director, John C Jay:
1. Be authentic. The most powerful asset you have is your individuality, what makes you unique. It’s time to stop listening to others on what you should do.
2. Work harder than anyone else and you will always benefit from the effort.
3. Get off the computer and connect with real people and culture. Life is visceral.
4. Constantly improve your craft. Make things with your hands. Innovation in thinking is not enough.
5. Travel as much as you can. It is a humbling and inspiring experience to learn just how much you don’t know.
6. Being original is still king, especially in this tech-driven, group-grope world.
7. Try not to work for stupid people or you’ll soon become one of them.
8. Instinct and intuition are all-powerful. Learn to trust them.
9. The Golden Rule actually works. Do good.
10. If all else fails, No. 2 is the greatest competitive advantage of any career.
SOME RULES AND HINTS
FOR STUDENTS AND TEACHERS
OR ANYBODY ELSE – John Cage
Find a place you trust, and then, try trusting it for a while.
General duties of a student:
Pull everything out of your teacher.
Pull everything out of your fellow students.
General duties of a teacher:
Pull everything out of your students.
Consider everything as an experiment.
BE SELF DISCIPLINED. This means finding someone wise or smart and choosing to follow them.
To be disciplined is to follow in a good way. To be self-disciplined is to follow in a better way.
FOLLOW THE LEADER. Nothing is a mistake. There is no win and no fail. There is only make.
The only rule is work. If you work it will lead to something.
It is the people who do all the work all the time who eventually catch on to things.
You can fool the fans–but not the players.
Do not try to create and analyze at the same time. They are different processes.
Be happy whenever you can manage it. Enjoy yourself. It is lighter than you think.
We are breaking all the rules, even our own rules, and how do we do that?
By leaving plenty of room for x qualities.
Always be around. Come or go to everything. Always go to classes.
Read everything you can get your hands on. Look at movies carefully and often.
Save everything. It may come in handy later.
Feladat: Design Meetup-nak plakát tervezése, tipográfiai eszközökkel
http://www.internationalposter.com/default.aspx —-Érdemes a jobb hasábban lévő Browse-ra kaattintani és ott böngészni mert hatalmas az adatbázis
Nagyon jó kis oldal, svájci plakát az 1900-as évektől napjainkig, alkotók szerinti betűrendben.
Ez most egy kicsit más, de szerintem érdekes.
Kína 56 különböző etnikumának népviselete.
A You Work For Them könyvajánlója:
Néhány weboldal és gyűjtemény a témában: (hogy addig is amíg Dóra nem adja le az anyagot, legyetek képben)
Az egyik legnagyobb gyűjtősite a témával kapcsolatban:
Olasz úriember, közel kétszáz saját infografikával: